What was said
What this says
As at Fri 9 Oct 2026Declan Furlong accepted the post-incident review and praised its candour, but keeps findings open until he has logs, a contractual notification time and owners with dates for planned actions. Exit plan stays with procurement.
Ask: Declan wants supporting logs, a notification time stated as a number and written into the contract, and an owner and date for each planned remediation action.
Customer view: He found the root cause section clear and appreciated the candour about the notification delay. He will not accept verbal assurances and will take Theo's walk-through only after the dated items arrive.
Next: BG-Demo must supply the written items first, then schedule the call. The exit plan remains with Aoife Kinsella and procurement.
The thread
Updated 9 Oct 26Messages
- Matteo Ricci 29 Jul 2026 09:58Dear Declan, I would rather you heard it from me directly: the post-incident review for the July outage is attached, in full and unedited by sales. Theo and our platform team wrote it, and I have read it twice so that I can answer your questions properly. The document sets out the timeline as we reconstructed it from our logs, the root cause, what we changed straight afterwards, and the further changes we have planned. It also states plainly where our own notification to you was slower than it should have been. You will want to see that part first, and I did not want to soften it. Two things I would ask of you, given that you will need this for your register of information: - Please tell me which findings you consider closed on the strength of this document and which you want evidence for. I would rather we work from your list than from our assumptions. - Please tell me what your regulator needs to see from us in writing, and in what form, so that Theo can prepare it once and prepare it correctly. I will not put a date on any remaining engineering action until the platform team has agreed it. Where the review shows an action as planned, it is planned and not yet done, and I will let you know in writing when that changes. Let me confirm that in writing as well: Theo is available to walk you through the review whenever suits you, and Niamh has been told that it is with you. Best regards, Matteo
- Declan Furlong 31 Jul 2026 14:34Matteo, Thank you for sending the review, and for the candour about the notification delay. I have read it. I note that it was sent to me before anyone outside the working group saw it, which I appreciate. My position, so that there is no ambiguity: First, the root cause section is clear and I have no open question on it for now. I will keep that finding open until I have the supporting logs, not a description of them. Second, under DORA we need to know the notification time you commit to for a major incident, stated as a number and written into the contract, not into a policy that can be edited. The review describes what you intend to do. Please provide a dated commitment. Third, for each remediation action marked as planned, I need an owner and a date. A statement that it is in hand is not sufficient for the register of information. Fourth, the exit plan remains with Aoife and procurement. I will not close anything on my side until her questions are settled, and I would ask you not to treat my comments here as agreement on that point. I am happy to take Theo's walk-through once the above is with me in writing. I do not accept verbal assurances in place of documents, so please send the dated items first and then arrange the call. Regards, Declan Furlong, CISO