What was said
What this says
As at Fri 9 Oct 2026On the 14 Apr 2026 negotiation, Coorabell's CFO said the product looks solid but budget is tight. Warren Petrie agreed to sign the Starter subscription now and defer implementation, with the total held at twenty-eight thousand pounds.
What happened: On the 14 Apr 2026 negotiation, Warren Petrie and Tanya Briggs asked for a lower price on the Starter proposal of twenty-eight thousand pounds all-in. Owen Tallis held the total and offered to defer implementation instead.
Customer view: Warren said the product looks solid but budget is tight, and Tanya asked for twenty-three or twenty-four thousand. Warren then agreed to sign the subscription now and defer implementation.
Commercial: Warren said he can approve it, and Lewis Kerr was to send a revised order form with deferred implementation language. The evidence does not show whether it was signed.
Watch: Go-live moves to February or March, so the customer sees value later. The call also says implementation starts early next quarter, which does not sit easily with that go-live.
Themes
As at Fri 9 Oct 2026Who was there
BG-Demo
Them
Follow-up
Next steps
As at Fri 9 Oct 2026- Lewis Kerr to confirm the revised order form with deferred implementation language was sent and chase signature.
- Owen Tallis and Lewis Kerr to hold the close date set on the call.
- Tanya Briggs to agree the implementation timeline with BG-Demo.
Risks
As at Fri 9 Oct 2026- Budget pressure led the customer to ask for a price well below the proposal.
- Deferring implementation pushes go-live to February or March and delays the value the customer sees.
- The evidence does not show a signed order form, so the deal is still open.
Opportunities
As at Fri 9 Oct 2026- The CFO can approve the deal himself, so the decision path is short.
- Tanya Briggs owns the implementation timeline, which gives a second working contact.
Transcript
- Lewis KerrGood morning, Warren, Tanya. Thanks for the time. Just to confirm, you've reviewed the Starter proposal and you wanted to discuss pricing and terms with Owen and me before we move forward.
- Warren PetrieThat's right. The product looks solid, but we're tight on budget this quarter. We wanted to see if there's any flexibility on the price.
- Lewis KerrWhat's in the proposal?
- Owen TallisTwenty-eight thousand all-in for Starter, includes implementation and your first year of subscription.
- Tanya BriggsRight. We were hoping for something closer to twenty-three or twenty-four. Is that in the ballpark?
- Owen TallisI hear the budget pressure. At twenty-three, we'd be taking a significant discount on the first term. What if we deferred the implementation to next quarter? That would push some of the cost out and might help your cash position.
- Warren PetrieSo we'd pay part of it now and part next quarter?
- Lewis KerrYeah. You'd start the subscription now, get the licence in place, and then we'd kick off implementation next quarter. Your team would go live in early next year.
- Tanya BriggsHow much time does that buy us?
- Owen TallisThe all-in is still twenty-eight. But if we split it, some now for subscription, some next quarter for implementation, your cash hit this quarter is smaller.
- Warren PetrieAnd when would we actually go live if we defer the implementation?
- Lewis KerrWe'd kick off implementation in early next quarter, so you'd go live probably in February or March. Does that timeline work?
- Warren PetrieYeah, that's better. We'd sign the subscription now and defer the implementation to next quarter.
- Owen TallisSo the order form would reflect subscription starting now, implementation scheduled for early next quarter. We'd need to close by the twenty-ninth of April to get that into the contract. What's your approval process?
- Warren PetrieI can approve it. Tanya will manage the implementation timeline with your team.
- Lewis KerrPerfect. I'll send a revised order form this morning with the deferred implementation language. You can review it, and we'll schedule a kick-off for next week if you're ready to sign.